Your Questions Answered
What exactly is Social Media/Digital Marketing as opposed to Regular Marketing?
.Social Media/Digital Marketing is more interactive for the consumer. Digital marketing is pretty much anything that’s online or web-based: PPC, SEO, email, web design, etc… Traditional marketing is still seen as those offline marketing activities: print, direct mail, radio, TV, etc.
This type of marketing helps raise brand awareness, improve brand loyalty and reputation and transform consumers into customers.
What Social Media should I be doing?
This is a biggie. People want to know what social media secret sauce is. The truth is, I don’t have it, and either do the droves of social media experts, thought leaders, and influencers.
Your social media strategy needs to align with your business strategy, and until I understand that better I can’t tell you how to do social media.
Do you want to focus on customer service? Content marketing? Lead generation? Like any marketing undertaking, your social media goals should align with your business goals.
Do I need SEO for marketing?
It depends what “kind” of SEO we’re talking about. Traditional SEO (on/off page optimization, linkbuilding, etc.) has evolved to also include SOCO SEO – Social and Content.
The new SEO includes the traditional optimization and linkbuilding tactics, as well as fresh, valuable, and shareable Content, as well as the marketing of your brand and content using Social Media.
Do I think businesses need and benefit from this type of SEO? Yes I do.
I tried Google AdWords marketing but it was a waste of money, could you do better?
This is always a loaded question. To get the best results from PPC/SEM or Google AdWords, you need the 3 “E’s”: Expertise, Experience, Effort.
You need the training and expertise, a certain amount of experience, and a lot of time and effort to be able to produce successful PPC results. Most businesses that fail with PPC usually lack in at least two of these things.
How do you get a lot of Twitter followers?
Again this is something where there is no secret sauce. It’s about writing and curating valuable content, being a strategic follower, and building relationships.
Should I be using Hubspot for marketing?
Marketing automation tools like Hubspot are not a panacea. Yes, they can automate email drip campaigns, let you create landing pages, and help track leads and optimize your website.
But they’re not tools that automate your marketing.
You still need people to write and design emails, run split and multivariate tests, and use analytics to make intelligent marketing decisions.
In other words, they’re tools that should complement your marketing team, not the other way around.
How often should I update my website?
For 99% of companies, their website is their top salesperson. It’s where prospects go for more information on your company, to learn more about your products and services, to contact your company, and possibly to make a purchase.
And just like you invest a lot in your top salesperson, you should also invest in keeping your website (and it’s content) in tip-top-highly-converting-shape.
Can I afford a Digital Agency like Kilton Consulting?
Agencies come in all shapes and sizes, and serve clients in all shapes and sizes. Generally speaking, we work with clients who have several hundred dollars in marketing budget per month.
If your question(s) was not answered
Please reach out to us ASAP so that we can answer any and all social media/digital marketing questions that you might have. We are here for you. With better knowledge, better decisions can be made.
- Influencers More Engaged Than Ever During Coronavirus PandemicAccording to the most recent study from Influence Central, influencers are seeing a surge in social media impressions and engagement throughout platforms throughout the coronavirus pandemic. This is because a growing number of fans are connecting to influencers for their material to get assistance.
- Business Success-11 excellent ways to market your business for successDigital marketing is defined by the use of numerous digital tactics and channels to connect with customers where they spend much of their time: online. From the website itself to a business’s online branding assets
- 26 Ideas for Your 2020 Small Business Marketing Strategy
Whether you’re in the process of launching a new business or already have one, having a strong online presence for your brand is extremely important.
In fact, 97% of people learn about local businesses online more than anywhere else.
- Home Cooking Trends Bring United States Back to our Roots During Times of CrisisHome cooking. It even sounds warm and inviting – like snuggling up by the fire on a cold winter season day. Convenience food trends have seen a real renewal in current years, and our desire for convenience food seems to be holding steady
- Business Plan Software: Do You Need It?Business plan software is something that often gets overlooked and isn’t considered to be a necessity for some reason. In my opinion, business plan software is essential, it is not a luxury. I am a huge advocate of business planning. When people ask me if they need a business plan, my response is, “Absolutely!” You see, starting a business without a business plan is akin to starting college without a degree plan.